Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dinotopia Arrives in Switzerland

Yesterday a truck arrived outside a museum called Maison d’Ailleurs in Yverdon, Switzerland and unloaded several wooden crates containing over 50 original Dinotopia paintings.

The exhibition, called “Return to Dinotopia,” will open October 4 and will run for five months, then continue to other museums in Europe. It will include new paintings and maquettes from Dinotopia: Journey to Chandara.

Maison d’Ailleurs (literally "House of Elsewhere") is a jewel of a museum specializing in "science fiction, utopia and extraordinary journeys," with a recently expanded Jules Verne collection. I did this plein-air watercolor sketch of the museum (the white building) when it hosted the last Dinotopia exhibit five years ago.
I’ll be in attendance for the opening of “Return to Dinotopia” in October, which will coincide with the publication of the French edition of Chandara from Editions Fleurus of Paris. After a visit to Switzerland, I’m planning to visit Paris for a few signing events. I am as excited as a schoolboy because I’ve never been to France before!
-------
Maison d'Ailleurs, link.
"Return to Dinotopia" and "Fantastical Art" exhibitions, link.
Editions Fleurus, link.
Mr. Patrick Gyger of Maison d'Ailleurs is arranging the European tour after Switzerland. To contact him: maison@ailleurs.ch

9 comments:

Emilio said...

I look forward your paintings visit Spain too...

Mark Reep said...

Congratulations on the exhibition! And the watercolor is gorgeous.

Rhesus singe said...

Bonjour,
Useless to say that you "must" warn me when you'll come in Paris... :)

Alain Bénéteau

Unknown said...

Wow, that is exciting news. I hope to see pictures of you wearing a beret doing plein air paintings in France!

If I were going to France, the first place I would go would be Giverny, to see Monet's home and garden.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... it is actually quite possible that I will be in France and Switzerland in October. Now I've got another good reason to go.

Dianne Mize said...

Congratulations. How exciting. No wonder you're like a schoolboy. Love the watercolor.

Lindsay said...

Congrats!! What a fun exhibit this is going to be. I hope your paintigs will arrive in Chicago some time! I'd love to see them irl

dragonladych said...

OH YEAH!!!! Happy dance, happy dance! I was so sorry to miss your last exhibiton there! I MUST make it to the opening this time! Where is my agenda?
I must also email Patrick to tell him he's the best!

Yverdon is just an hour away from here, how cool!

Enzie Shahmiri said...

Congratulations! This must be very exciting for you~