Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Making-A-Mark Review

Many thanks to Katherine Tyrell of the art blog Making a Mark for the nice review of Imaginative Realism--and of Gurney Journey.

I told her that I was glad she mentioned the blogging origins of the book. I really feel like the book would not have been possible without the blog acting as both sail and rudder. I feel I'm writing it with the help of a lot of kindred spirits.

If you haven't visited Making a Mark lately, check it out. It's #3 in the top 25 art and culture blogs in the UK, and for good reason: it's is full of useful resources, including advice on how to write a good artist's statement. On GJ, you only learn how NOT to write one!

8 comments:

Mada Dm said...

this was usefull,Thank you for posting it! Hugzz.

Mag

Zhanna said...

it's interesting

Svetlana said...

It's interesting

W i e d e s i g n a r c h said...

Interesting so much... but, i just hope to click FOLLOW you, but i can't find it,,, so this all the way I have to say that your blogspot is so adorable...
I'm from Indonesia, Asia,, and wanna see more about your creator world... ^__^

Unknown said...

James, I have a strong feeling that you feel guilty for using our remarks during the blog in your book, without paying us any royalties ;-).

Making A Mark said...

Many thanks for the mention of my review.

It is always a pleasure to be able to highlight your excellent work and advice.

Touk said...

hi, i like your blog

Unknown said...

its a honor to see blogs like this...

i used to have a little passion towards painting in my child hood but after seeing this i feel like start all over agin

thank you