Sunday, May 30, 2010

Jill the Farm Dog

Jill is a 14-year old border collie that lives on the farm. She only has three legs.



She lost her left hind leg eight years ago when a young stallion that she had been provoking kicked her. Lenny, the farmer, took her in for three operations, but finally they had to amputate.

She gets around OK on three legs, but now she has back problems and she’s deaf.

She likes to lie on the cool floor of the barn and watch the baby pigs through the slats of their stall door. Every time they move, she follows them with her eyes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work and a pretty darn beautiful story.

Crystal Cook said...

Beautiful work. And I love any story about a dog, this one sounds amazing :)

Begnaud said...

I love your farm sketches. They really make me want to take up watercolors.

h.j.s. said...

First time I visit your site. I really liked it all, the paint and the story

Unknown said...

Nice watercolour study! You make it look easier! :)

Gwen Buchanan said...

Beautiful.. just the manner I love in watercolor..

...a well told story, too..

Chrissie A said...

Lovely, sensitive painting. Simple and beautiful.