Monday, May 16, 2011

Publishers Weekly

Thanks to Marc Schultz and Publishers Weekly for the nice article today on how Color and Light and Imaginative Realism have been nurtured by the loyalty and enthusiasm of GurneyJourney blog readers.

"Every book is, in an intimate sense, a circular letter to the friends of him who writes it. They alone take his meaning; they find private messages, assurances of love, and expressions of gratitude dropped for them in every corner. The public is but a generous patron who defrays the postage."
—Robert Louis Stevenson

"Dinotopia's Gurney Draws on Blog for Newest Hit," Publishers Weekly, May 16

Related posts on GurneyJourney:
How About a Book?
Why I Wrote Imaginative Realism
Cover Poll / Color and Light Book
Cover Poll Results
More about the New Book
Meanwhile, Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean
-------
Get a signed copy of either book from the Dinotopia Store
Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter from Amazon
Imaginative Realism: How to Paint What Doesn't Exist from Amazon

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Art instruction by committee!!

Great article. Great news about the success.

The best teachers are those who listen to their students. This is a great community, and it is awesome that sharing freely leads to success.

I have got so much out of this blog, and contacts I've made with artists through this blog.

Steve said...

Thank you, Jim, for your daily gift of this blog.

Tyler Davis said...

I love this blog, it's amazing. Also, I would like to thank you for the little drawing and inscription on my copy of "Color and Light". I know that the wording was from my wife for our anniversary, but I think it's so great that you would take the time to personalize it with the plien air painting dino. If you ever come to Utah, I need my copy of "Imaginative Realism" signed now too!

Robb said...

Whoa. Did not know this. Thank you!!!