Monday, June 6, 2011

"Spectrum Fantastic Art Live" event announced

Spectrum has announced its first ever convention to celebrate fantastic art. It will take place nearly a year from now, May 18-20, 2012 in Kansas City, Missouri, USA.

Called "Spectrum Fantastic Art Live," it will bring together artists and art appreciators from the fields of science fiction and fantasy art, plus comics, concept art and other related visual pop culture. The event is the dream of Arnie and Cathy Fenner, who have published the Spectrum annuals of contemporary fantastic art.

Spectrum 16 (the book)
Spectrum 17
Spectrum Fantastic Art Live

5 comments:

bill said...

Can't believe they made us wait all these years to do this. Seriously, I know they wanted to do it right and am sure they will. I'm looking forward to it.

Lucas Durham said...

I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw this update! I can't wait to see the convention programming updates!

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

I think I'm up to driving a thousand miles for an event of this magnitude. I hope you plan on being there.

Jay said...

Arg! It's the same weekend as GenCon.

JR said...

Great news! I'll definitely make it out to this. I also heard about this news at Spectrum Fantastic Art on Facebook.