Monday, January 23, 2012

Still Time to Enter Spectrum

For those of you who paint or sculpt fantasy, science fiction, concept art, comics, or gallery work, don't forget to enter your imaginative works in Spectrum, the annual juried collection of contemporary fantastic art. If you've never entered before, I recommend it.

It's the annual that most art buyers look at, and if you get your work in, you'll be in good company. Some students have gotten their work in and it has made a big difference in their careers.The entry fee is low and there's no "hanging" or "publication" fee -- and if your work is accepted, you get the gorgeous book, called Spectrum 18: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art.


It's a great jury this year:
Scott Gustafson – Artist
Peter de Sève – Artist and film designer
Jeremy Cranford – Senior Art Manager/Blizzard Entertainment
Jon Schindehette – Senior Creative Director/Wizards of the Coast
Dawn Rivera-Ernster – Director: Talent Development & Recruitment/Walt Disney Animation Studios



Entries must be postmarked on January 27, 2012. I just sent mine in today.
----------
LINKS
Book: Spectrum 18: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art

4 comments:

SletchbookLP said...

I would love to enter Spectrum, but I am looking at next year. I know my art isn't up to the caliber they would accept, but I know I can get there.

Kiri Østergaard Leonard said...

I'm just wondering the the opinion of the dogs count too. :D

Aaron said...

Sent mine in this morning, should be there on friday/deadline day, just in time.

grey_death said...

I just received the latest edition in the mail today, along with a few of your own books that are required texts for classes at MICA.

I fully intend to make a push to get my own work in it in the future and see it alongside a few friends and instructors and idols work and have it hold its own.